Master of Arts, Chelsea School of Art, London
Bachelor of Arts, University of Wales, Swansea
Post Graduate Certificate of Education,Kings College, London
Born in the UK, Allan’s area of interest and work is the psychodynamic principles involved in the process of Art and Education. Primarily a painter of Cornwall’s land and seascapes based in St. Ives, Allan also commutes regularly between South Wales and Twickenham, London, where he paints his striking images within earshot of Twickenham Rugby Stadium.
His images are strong and bold expressionist works, mirroring the emotional energy and adrenaline central to the physical game. The objective is to reflect the artist’s state of mind rather than the reality of the external world, “My aim is to raise the subjective feelings above the objective observations.” Allan’s work draws an inevitable comparison to the highly regarded and extremely fashionable German Expressionists of the early Twentieth Century.
Also known for his life works, which are painted or drawn with an almost disconcerting bold assurance, Allan’s figures have a direct and powerful sensuality. Using these foundations he strives for his own and unique form of expression.
Allan’s work has an international appeal and is collected in the USA and Europe.
Mentor Professor Toshio Watanabe
The Psychological Theories of Professors Freud and Jung and Twentieth Century Surrealisms Impact upon the Creative Principle and Individual Development; both Socially and Artistically.
• Redefinition of Surrealism-Objective Chance-Second Manifesto-Relevance of Jung.
• Spirit “Surrealisme” England.
• Picasso, Ambiguity and Minotaur.
• A Rethink of Surrealism: Leonora Carrington and Jung:
• Perception of Self, Life and World – Our Only True Sense of Reality?
Experience “Education Through Art”
“Art leads the child out of itself” Herbert Read
• Director; Dylan Thomas Theatre
• Course Director; International Language School
• Assistant Dean of Students; International University
• Head of Department; Complex Educational Needs
• Art Facilitator and Intensive Support; Adult Mental Health
• Educationalist-Curriculum Planner Complex Needs
Full time Practising Artist and Lecturer in Surrealism
• AAardvark Gallery,Shropshire, American National Rugby Play Offs (USA); Art House Gallery St. Ives, Cornwall;
• Bayswater Road Artist Association, London; Bedford Park Arts Festival, London, Birmingham NEC;
• Glynn Vivian Art Gallery; Swansea;
• Landmark Gallery London; Leadenhall Elevated Art Fair, London, Loplop Studio, Twickenham; Llangollen International Pavilion.
• Marriott Hotel, Cardiff; Mumbles Road Gallery, Swansea;
• Nostalgia Gallery, London; National Trust, Rhossili Gower,
• Par ici Gallery London; Picture House Gallery Padstow;
• Royal Institute of Oil Painters, Mall Galleries, London;
• Saltmarshe Gallery Cardiff; Salubrious Gallery, Swansea; Tate, Gallery, St. Ives, Cornwall, Charity Auction. Tros Gynnal Art Exhibition, Swansea Museum;
• Up Front Rugby Fashion,Covent Garden, London,
• Washington Gallery, Penarth
• Wimbledon Artist Opens Studios,
• World Rugby Museum, Twickenham, London;
• Other various UK Galleries