Established for over twenty years Rugby Arts can boast of sales all over the world from Venezuela to Ukraine. Al. Storer’s images have found themselves on classical album covers, logos for South American Rugby Teams, and the branding for the USA. National Rugby Playoffs.
Rugby Arts has featured on a national TV programme in various publications and charity fundraising events with paintings exhibited in both public and private galleries all over the UK. is also represented on the Nations website Art UK in collaboration with the BBC for art in every UK public collection.
Rugby Arts has provided source material for A level students and university graduates dissertation. Originals are now in collections all over the world.
“The Warrior” hanging in a rugby coaches home in Pennsylvania “Victory” Rugby painting, following an exhibition with the Royal Society of Oil Painters in London’s Mall Galleries, was exhibited for seven years alongside “Maul” in the World Rugby Museum, Twickenham UK. and now is in the permanent collection of the RFU. Our rugby painting “Force” Al.’s first ever rugby painting was a winner with the Artist and Illustrators Magazine and now hangs on the artists’ wall.
He will not sell it ! “not for twenty thousand”
Al Storer presenting his “Victory” Rugby oil painting to a representative of the RFU at Twickenham.
About Al Storer
British artist Al Storer is renowned lfor painting large scale and small abstract art for interior design and homes. with collectors all over Europe and America. A popular and busy artist in high demand Al also finds time to teach Oil Painting in his London workshops, to paint and exhibit in Wales and of course St. Ives Cornwall his second home.
Whether it be Cardiff Arms Park or Twickenham Stadium ex. rugby player Al. loves the comradriere and kinsmanship of the game and when the fans throng past his Twickenham studio ” the song of the earth, it brings Twickenham alive”.
When it comes to art he knows what he is talking about. Seven years studying the psychodynamic principles involved in the process of Art and Education, much longer a practising artist, lecturer and teacher.
Master of Arts, Chelsea School of Art, London
Bachelor of Arts, University of Wales, Swansea
Post Graduate Certificate of Education, Kings College, London
Mentor Professor Toshio Watanabe
The Psychological Theories of Professors Freud and Jung and Twentieth Century Surrealisms Impact upon the Creative Principle and Individual Development; both Socially and Artistically.
• Redefinition of Surrealism-Objective Chance-Second Manifesto-Relevance of Jung.
• Spirit “Surrealisme” England.
• Picasso, Ambiguity and Minotaur.
• A Rethink of Surrealism: Leonora Carrington and Jung:
• Perception of Self, Life and World – Our Only True Sense of Reality?
Experience “Education Through Art”
“Art leads the child out of itself” Herbert Read
• Director; Dylan Thomas Theatre
• Course Director; International Language School
• Assistant Dean of Students; International University
• Head of Department; Complex Educational Needs
• Art Facilitator and Intensive Support; Adult Mental Health
• Educationalist-Curriculum Planner Complex Needs
• Complex Needs Practitioner Educationalist-Curriculum Planner
Full time Practising Artist and Lecturer in Surrealism
• AAardvark Gallery, Shropshire : Affordable Art Fair, Battersea : American National Rugby Play Offs (USA) : Art House Gallery St. Ives, Cornwall;
• Bayswater Road Artist Association, London : Bedford Park Arts Festival, London : Birmingham NEC;
Cobalt Gallery : Curzon Gallery Wimbledon
• Glynn Vivian Art Gallery ; South Wales.
• Landmark Gallery London : Leadenhall Elevated Art Fair, London : Loplop Studio, Twickenham : Llangollen International Pavilion.
• Marriott Hotel, Cardiff : Mumbles Road Gallery, Swansea : Mall Galleries, London
• No Naked Walls Gallery, Surrey : Nostalgia Gallery, London : National Trust, Rhossili Gower. Oyster Gallery, Mumbles, South Wales.
• Par ici Gallery London : Picture House Gallery Padstow;
• Royal Institute of Oil Painters, Mall Galleries, London;
• Saltmarshe Gallery Cardiff : Salubrious Gallery, Swansea : Museum of Wales : St. Ives Art Club. Tate, Gallery, St. Ives, Cornwall, Charity Auction : Tros Gynnal Art Exhibition, South Wales : Swansea Museum : Turner Barnes Graham Gallery, Surrey
• Up Front Rugby Fashion, Covent Garden, London : Up Front Rugby Fashion, Westfield Centre : Up Front Rugby Fashion, Blue Water
• Washington Gallery, Penarth : Wimbledon Artist Opens Studios : World Rugby Museum, Twickenham, London; Wyecliff Gallery, Surrey : Wychwood Art Gallery, Deddington
•Various UK. Galleries